It is very important that you remember to bring the following documents with you. In most cases these documents are very valuable and you may not want to bring the originals. It's a good idea to bring 'certified true copies' of the originals instead.
- Your valid passport with student visa
- Your letter of offer from Taylors College
- A copy of your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment form
- A copy of your Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) form, if you're under 18
- At least three copies of your academic results that have been certified as true copies by the principal of your school or by your agent
- A certified true copy of your birth certificate, passport and visa
- Your home address in English
Summers (Dec-Feb) in Australia can get quite warm, with temperatures reaching the high 30s (°C) during the day. Cool, light clothes such as t-shirts, shirts, blouses and jeans, casual trousers or skirts are quite common among students.
You should also wear a hat and long-sleeved shirts for protection from sunburn.
During winter (Jun-Aug), temperatures can drop to below 10°C so sweatshirts, jumpers, a coat or other warm clothing is recommended.
Australians generally have a casual and relaxed approach to dressing. On campus, most students will be found dressed informally.
You may also like to bring items such as toiletries, bath towels, bed linen, blankets for the winter months, bilingual dictionary, alarm clock, radio/cassette player, camera, your home country driver's licence and your international driver's licence .
You can bring items such as desktop or laptop computers and similar electronic equipment duty-tax free into Australia provided Customs is satisfied these items are intended to be taken out of Australia on your departure. You should note that adapters maybe required as Australia uses 240 watts for electricity appliances.
Cooking utensils and other household items can be purchased at reasonable cost from department stores or second-hand shops after your arrival in Australia.