UWA library books



Correct as of 26.03.2020 at 10:00 GMT

Local support information for current students

Question Answer
Is the College open? From Monday 23 March we have moved to teaching students through Study Smart and virtual classrooms. There are no classes taking place on the campus. You should log into Study Smart at the time of your usual classes. Please note, you must be in Australia to access this. Attendance is being taken.

We will notify you when physical classes resume through an SMS message and an email to your student email. Please check this daily.
What campus facilities are currently available? There are no classes on campus at this time and we advise students not to attend the campus. The Student Services team continues to operate as normal but we ask you to call us on +61 8 6462 1300 or email us on studentservices@taylorscollege.edu.au.
Can I stay in my accommodation? Most University residences are open. You should check the residence’s individual website for further information.
What is the current health advice in Australia? The official updates from the Australian government provide the latest health advice and information on how to help prevent the spread of infection in Australia.

View the Australian government’s information for the public on the coronavirus.
What should I do if I am in Australia and I feel unwell? If you show the symptoms of COVID-19 then you should follow official Australian medical advice which is found below, along with details about how to self-isolate. You should also contact your College for further information.

People with coronavirus may experience:
  • fever
  • flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue
  • shortness of breath
If you develop symptoms within 14 days of last contact with a confirmed case or of returning to Australia, you should seek medical attention. Your doctor will tell you if you need to get tested.

If you want to talk to someone about your symptoms first, call the National Coronavirus Helpline for advice.

Call this line if you are seeking information on coronavirus (COVID-19). The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week - 1800 020 080.
Can I travel home? We are advising all current students not to travel at this time if possible.

All our staff and students have been instructed on what to do if they feel unwell, and our welfare teams are trained to support students who have health concerns.

Our College staff are in regular contact with students to provide more specific advice based on their individual circumstances and ensure that they have all the support they need on campus.

All of our actions are guided by medical advice from the government and public health authorities, as well as the teaching decisions made by The University of Western Australia.

Study information

Question Answer
Is my course available online? From Monday 23 March, we moved to a ‘virtual classroom’. Students are not required to attend on campus, but will instead be able join online classes via a PC, laptop or smart device connected to the internet in Australia. Students should follow their normal timetable and log into Study Smart at the start of each class. Attendance will be taken

Further to this, students will still be required to undertake assessments on campus. This means students will be unable to travel home internationally to continue their studies.

We are asking all students to continue to monitor their emails on a regular basis.
How will you monitor my attendance? As teaching is moving to virtual classrooms, attendance will be monitored through engagement with virtual classrooms. More details will be provided by your tutors. Please continue to monitor emails for further information.
How can I complete my exams? Some students will be required to attend the campus for face-to-face assessments. We will advise on the plans for each specific program of study as necessary.

We will provide more guidance on assessments and exams relating to specific programs of study in due course. These will be in line with approaches taken by The University of Western Australia and, as appropriate, with guidance that is due to be issued by the Australian government.

Additional Information

Where should I go if I have further questions?

For enquiries related to students who are already at the College, please contact the College. Please send all other enquiries to globalstudentsupport@studygroup.com.

We’ll help you get to where you want to be – Read our latest guidance for current students, or find out more about online learning.