UWA student reading in campus grounds

Visa information summary

Applying for your student visa

You’ll need to have a current student visa while you’re a student in Australia.

To apply for a student visa in your home country before leaving for Australia, contact the Immigration Section of the Australian Diplomatic Mission (the Australian High Commission, Consulate or Embassy).

It may take up to six months to apply for and obtain a student visa from some countries.

Students working together in a classroom

How to apply

  1. Fill in our online application form to study at Taylors College.
  2. Once we’ve received and assessed your application, we’ll send you a Letter of Offer. If you are from a Level 3 & 4 country, you’ll need to apply for a Pre Visa Assessment (PVA).
  3. Pay your academic fees.
  4. Once we’ve received payment, we’ll send you an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE). If you’re younger than 18, you’ll need to make sure that you have appropriate accommodation and welfare arrangements in place.
  5. You’ll need to have a medical check and X-ray at an authorized medical office.
  6. Submit your visa application form (Form 157A), supporting documents and fee to the Australian Diplomatic Mission in your country.

Your student visa obligations

Ref. Obligation
8101 You cannot work in Australia. You can, however, apply for permission to work with the school’s approval.
8202 You must remain enrolled in a registered course. You must attend 80 per cent of school contact hours and achieve satisfactory results. Taylors College will monitor your attendance very closely. Parents will be informed if you are not attending classes.
8206 You must remain with the school in which you originally enrolled for the first six months of your principal academic course, or, if the course is for less than six months, for the duration of the course.
8501 You must maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance during your stay in Australia.
8532 If you are under 18 years of age and do not intend to live in Australia with a parent, custodian or nominated relative, you must have approval from your school for your accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements.
8533 You must inform Taylors College within seven days of your arrival in Australia of your current residential address and of any changes of address within seven days of each change.

More information

The official source of information on getting a student visa for study in Australia

Visit homeaffairs.gov.au
We are open for your studies – Read our latest guidance for current students or find out more about starting your course.