Throughout the program, your achievement is carefully monitored. You will be given regular feedback on your progress and written reports will be provided after each 10-week term.
Assessment is based on:
- 50% coursework (which may consist of tests, assignments, and practicals)
- 50% final examination (subject to moderation by UWA)
Assessment for University entry
Entry to The University of Western Australia will be based on two separate results:
- A letter grade for English
- A course average score, calculated across your best 10 remaining units - this will include prerequisites required for your intended degree major
Assessment of English Language
You are required to complete four English units in both the Advanced and Standard UWAFP. English language proficiency is assessed within the program and you will be awarded a grade between 'A' and 'E'.
'C+' grade is the minimum grade required for entry to The University of Western Australia.
Assessment of the UWAFP Course Average Score
You are required to complete an additional 12 units in Standard UWAFP or 11 units in Advanced UWAFP. The final Course Average Score will be a cumulative average percentage based on the best 10 units completed. All prerequisites must be included in this score.
A Course Average Score of 66% is the minimum grade required to enter the following UWA degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science
A Course Average Score of 83% is the minimum grade required to enter the following UWA degrees:
- Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours)