Get Study Ready
Benefit from our free preparation modules for online study to give you a head start!
Available to all new students at Taylors College Perth from January 2021 onwards.
This virtual suite of four new modules is uniquely designed to connect you with the college and develop the confidence and skills necessary to become a self-reflective, independent and effective learner. It's vital that you make the most of your time ahead of joining your pathway. We are here with you on every step of that journey.
Once you have confirmed your place at Taylors College, you’ll be enrolled in Study Ready at no extra cost.
Approximately four weeks prior to their program start date, students will have access to a suite of four modules that focus on:
- The Team and Campus of Taylors College - Get to know teachers and support staff and have a sneak peak of the campus
- Prepare to be an Online Student – From setting up an effective study space to exploring virtual classroom learning and preparation for orientation
- The Roller Coaster of Life – Takes students on a journey of tips and tricks for making the most out of a roller coaster ride of emotions that may come with studying abroad and online
- Inside the classroom - Academic integrity, critical thinking and understanding learning styles, essential for starting out in the Australian Education System.
Study Ready will help students develop confidence and prepare them for their journey ahead.
Congratulations! You're almost there.
Here is a list of what you need to know before you arrive and some things that will help you get ready for your trip to Australia.
We wish you a safe and hassle-free journey and look forward to welcoming you to our Taylors College community!
Important things to bring
It is very important that you remember to bring the following documents with you. In most cases these documents are very valuable and you may not want to bring the originals. It's a good idea to bring 'certified true copies' of the originals instead.
- Your valid passport with student visa
- Your letter of offer from Taylors College
- A copy of your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment form
- A copy of your Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) form, if you're under 18
- At least three copies of your academic results that have been certified as true copies by the principal of your school or by your agent
- A certified true copy of your birth certificate, passport and visa
- Your home address in English
You will need to have a current student visa whilst studying in Australia. To apply for a visa you will need to contact the Australian Diplomatic Mission (Australian High Commission, consulate, or embassy) in your home country. Please note that it can take up to six months to be granted this visa. Find out about student visas for Australia.
Overseas Student Health Cover
As a stipulation of your student visa, you are required to obtain overseas student health cover. Our campus-elected provider is Allianz. If you have opted to use Allianz, your healthcare card will be available on campus during orientation. If you have decided to go with another health insurance provider, you are responsible for knowing your health cover details. Find out more about the Allianz Overseas Student Health Cover.
We understand how important it is for international students to find the right place to live while studying overseas. Check out our Accommodation page for information on all types of accommodation options in Perth.
Summers (Dec-Feb) in Australia can get quite warm, with temperatures reaching the high 30s (°C) during the day. Cool, light clothes such as t-shirts, shirts, blouses and jeans, casual trousers or skirts are quite common among students.
You should also wear a hat and long-sleeved shirts for protection from sunburn.
During winter (Jun-Aug), temperatures can drop to below 10°C so sweatshirts, jumpers, a coat or other warm clothing is recommended.
Australians generally have a casual and relaxed approach to dressing. On campus, most students will be dressed informally.
You may also like to bring items such as toiletries, bath towels, bed linen, blankets for the winter months, bilingual dictionary, alarm clock, camera, your home country driver's licence and your international driver's licence .
You can bring items such as desktop or laptop computers and tablets duty-tax free into Australia provided Customs is satisfied these items are intended to be taken out of Australia on your departure. You should note that adapters maybe required as Australia uses 240 watts for electricity appliances.
Cooking utensils and other household items can be purchased at reasonable cost from department stores or second-hand shops after your arrival in Australia.
What to expect from your first few weeks
Current and past students at Taylors College Perth share their experience of coming to Australia to study.
More pre-arrival information